Recognizing those who have contributed significantly to AIF’s mission.
Asphalt Institute Foundation Awards Program
The Asphalt Institute Foundation Awards Program will recognize those individuals who have contributed significantly to the mission of the foundation in the categories of leadership, research and innovation. Nominations will be accepted on an annual basis for the following two awards:
|Asphalt Institute Foundation Pinnacle Award for Industry Advancement||Asphalt Institute Foundation Luminary Award for Innovation|
Eligibility Guidelines - AIF Pinnacle Award for Industry Advancement
Individuals selected for this award have contributed tremendously through substantial leadership efforts to guide the asphalt industry. Efforts may include:
- providing superior vision leading the industry with regards to the improvement of asphalt binder; and/or
- demonstrated exceptional leadership and focused determination for the betterment of the industry.
Eligibility Guidelines - AIF Luminary Award for Innovation
Individuals selected for this award have contributed substantially in the advancement of asphalt through scientific or technological innovation. Efforts may include:
- demonstrated tremendous initiative and skill in the development of processes, testing, studies and inventions for vast improvements in the asphalt industry; and/or
- contributed significantly to the technological advancement of asphalt.
Nomination Guidelines & Approval Procedures
- The intent of these awards is to recognize those individuals who have contributed significantly to the mission of the AI Foundation in the categories of leadership, research and innovation.
- Nominations submitted by August 15, 2020, will be presented to the AIF Marketing and Communications Committee Chair for consideration.
- The AIF Marketing and Communications Committee will review nominations and make recommendations to the AIF Board of Directors.
- The AIF Marketing and Communications Committee has the authority to recommend the award level, return the nomination for more information or to disapprove the nomination.
- The nominating representative may make a brief presentation to the AIF Marketing and Communications Committee prior to the recommendation decision.
- Following the AIF Marketing and Communications Committee's decision, the nomination(s) will be presented to the AIF Board of Directors at the next scheduled annual meeting. Individuals approved for awards will be notified by the Foundation's staff for the purpose of inviting them to receive the award during a designated function.
Application and support material must be submitted by August 15, 2020.
To nominate an individual for an AIF Award, you may download the nomination form or submit via AIF's online form by clicking below.
Questions? Contact Susie Tanner, AIF Program & Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.