Scholarships from this fund will be awarded annually to third or fourth year undergraduate, masters, or doctoral students who exhibit need and are interested in pursuing degrees in business, chemistry, civil engineering, construction management, marketing or sales.
• Applicants must be classified as juniors or seniors in bachelors degree programs, or will be candidates for degrees in masters or doctorate degree programs, in the academic years for which the scholarship awards are granted.
• Applicants must be pursuing their degree in one (or more) of the following areas: business, chemistry, civil engineering, construction management, marketing or sales. Preference will be given to students who have a focus on civil infrastructure, particularly in the study of asphalt materials and its use.
• Applicants can be from any U.S. state. Preference may be given to residents of Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia or West Virginia.
• Applicants must exhibit a financial need. Applicants should include a financial need assessment for the upcoming school year.
• Recipients must be a full-time student each semester, unless an exception is requested in writing and approved. Withdrawal from school, except for serious illness or injury, shall result in the recipient losing the scholarship.
• Recipients will be required to furnish a transcript and status report at the end of each semester before additional monies are awarded.
• Scholarship monies will be payable directly to the recipients chosen college or university. Monies may be applied to qualified education expenses including, but not limited to: tuition, books and course-related fees. Scholarship funds are not available for housing/utility expense (room & board), food/dining plans, or personal expenses such as vehicle loans, medical expenses, etc.
• The Kirk Scholars Program Review Panel will make the final determination on all cases concerning the interpretation of the eligibility, guidelines and rules of the scholarship fund.
Apply for the Kirk Scholarship using one of the following methods. The scholarship application deadline is March 1, 2023.
Questions? Please contact Susie Tanner.
View a list of past recipients of the Bill and Shireen Kirk Scholarship.
Your generous donations enable the foundation to make major strides in accomplishing our mission through the fulfillment of our education and research initiatives. Learn more.