The Asphalt Institute Foundation (AIF) announced the newest recipients of the Bill and Shireen Kirk Scholarship Fund.
The scholarships are awarded annually to third- or fourth-year undergraduate, masters or doctoral students studying business, chemistry, civil engineering, construction management, marketing or sales.
Scholarship funds totaling $18,000 were awarded to this group for the 2023-24 school year. Scholarship recipients are referred to as “Kirk Scholars.”
This year’s Kirk Scholars are:
• Kelina Evans, Michigan State University
• Shilpa Girish, Clemson University
• Tyler Kleinsasser, South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
• Carolina Ruiz, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
• Trung Tran, Auburn University
• Elizabeth Turochy, Auburn University
Interested students can go to asphaltfoundation.org to learn more about the program. The 2024 application will be available later this fall. The Asphalt Institute Foundation was incorporated in 2014 and is a 501(c)3 non-profit public charity.