Scholarships from this fund will be awarded annually to third or fourth year undergraduate, masters, or doctoral students who exhibit need and are interested in pursuing degrees in business, chemistry, civil engineering, construction management, marketing or sales.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
- Applicants can be from any U.S. state. Preference will be given to residents of Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia or West Virginia.
- Applicants must be classified as juniors or seniors in bachelors degree programs, or will be candidates for degrees in masters or doctorate degree programs, in the academic years for which the scholarship awards are granted.
- Applicants must be pursuing their degree in one (or more) of the following areas: business, chemistry, civil engineering, construction management, marketing or sales.
- Applicants must exhibit a financial need. Applicants should include a financial need assessment for the upcoming school year.
- Recipients must be a full-time student each semester, unless an exception is requested in writing and approved. Withdrawal from school, except for serious illness or injury, shall result in the recipient losing the scholarship.
- Recipients will be required to furnish a transcript and status report at the end of each semester before additional monies are awarded.
- Scholarship monies will be payable directly to the recipients chosen college or university. Monies may be applied to qualified education expenses including, but not limited to: tuition, fees and course-related expenses.
- The Kirk Scholars Program Review Panel will make the final determination on all cases concerning the interpretation of the eligibility, guidelines and rules of the scholarship fund.
The application period for the 2020 Bill and Shireen Kirk Scholarship Fund is now closed.
Applicants will be notified prior to June 1, 2020, regarding scholarship awards. Details regarding the 2021 application process will be announced in Fall 2020.
Questions? Contact Susie Tanner, AIF Program & Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org